DIGITAL YACHT DIGWL410 WIFI ACCESS SYSTEM
- Ideal solution for semi-permanent installation
- Simple plug and play USB connection
- New 802.11n 300mW Wi-Fi modem
- High gain (12dBm) omni-directional antenna
- Industry standard 1″ x 14 TPI thread mount
- Integrated 5m USB cable – can be extended with optional 5m USB active extender
- USB bus powered
- Windows XP/Vista/7 compatible
- Compatible with Mac OSX, including the latest 64bit Mountain Lion
This all-in-one system features a 300mW booster/modem encapsulated in the base of a hi-gain (12dBm) antenna with a 5m (16ft) USB cable. The antenna measures 1m (3ft) and should boost your Wi-Fi range to 1-2 miles in perfect conditions.
Designed for installation in the harshest of conditions with marine grade components, the WL410 can be mounted outside on an industry standard 1? x 14TPI mount and is an ideal semi-permanent Wi-Fi solution for boats, caravans, RVs etc.
The WL410 connects to an on board PC through a regular USB connection with a plug ?n? play driver disk supplied for Windows XP/Vista/7 and Mac OS X 10.3 (and higher) operating systems. It supports 802.11b/g/n protocols as well as WEP and WPA/WPA2 encryption.
Even if your system already has Wi-Fi access, this can be disabled and you can take advantage of the superior range (and speed) that this system will offer.
Wi-Fi range depends on many local factors, but Digital Yacht has seen ranges of up to 1-2 miles with this low cost system. In general, using an internal Wi-Fi adaptor typically found on a notebook, you?ll be lucky to find the signal at the end of the dock, so if you plan to access the internet whilst on board, the WL410 could be the solution for you.
5m USB cable, Driver CD and User Manual